Moving more than 40 km

Many expenses are currently deductible, even your notary fees and land transfer tax on a new residence can be deducted if you sell your former residence and purchase a new home.

People who have moved in recent years and were eligible for these deductions but failed to claim them can contact the Canada Revenue Agency and Revenu Québec to request a retroactive refund, provided that no more than 10 years have passed between the year of the move and the year the claim is made. If you paid a fee in the years following your move, you can now deduct these expenses from your income in the year in which these fees were paid.

Click here to open the brochure.